Thursday, September 15, 2011

Phil Doleac Sends

September 2011


Dear Classmates,

You have undoubtedly been getting the recent emails soliciting your support for NCEA.  I'd like to give you my take on it.

After graduation, I didn't have much contact with West Point, aside from an occasional reunion, until Dave Brown asked me to be a Class Advisor to WPAOG about 5 years ago. This got me back to West Point 2-3 times a year for advisor meetings and reintroduced me to our alma mater and what has been going on there since we graduated.  I stumbled across this thing called NCEA (actually the Class of 1970's National Conference on Ethics in America) (See NCEA Tab top of the class webpage here) which I knew almost nothing about. I attended as an observer 3 years ago and have been back every year since.

I found about 20-30 of our classmates who, for the past 20 years, have dedicated themselves to making this the best conference put on at West Point. I encourage you to attend this year's conference (October 16-20).  Do it and you’ll feel the impact and see firsthand the difference the NCEA makes for these students. I think there’s a very strong probability that you will be like the rest of us who have "drank the kool-aid". This year, especially, we need our classmates to attend.  I hope to see you there. 


If you cannot attend, then please make a contribution.  We are striving for 100% class participation in our drive to fully endow NCEA by our 45th reunion. $19.70/month until the 45th comes in at just under $1000, but any contribution is welcome.  Our goal is 100% participation.


Thanks,

Phil Doleac


No comments:

Post a Comment