Friday, August 19, 2016

USMA 1920 - Our 50 Year Affiliate Class If AOG Had That Program Back in 1970 !

Attached (some screen shots displayed below; the complete Excel file is attached) is a compilation of information on our Affiliation Class of 1920 that I was able to compile. A very unique class in a very dynamic time. I thought it might be of interest to you.

It was compiled from "The Register of Graduates" and two pamphlets I found on   e-Bay that were produced by the Class of 1920 sometime around July of 1970.
One of the documents is a 6" x 9" 31-page pamphlet entitled "WEST POINT  CLASS of 1920 (FIFTY YEARS LATER)."
The other is an 8.5" x 11" 44-page pamphlet entitled " DIRECTORY CLASS OF 1920 UNITED STATES MILITARY ACADEMY  1 JULY 1970"

Both of these pamphlets contained a much personal information on the class not found in the Register.

Until I pulled through the data, I had no idea what an interesting class this was - from who was Superintendent to who gave the Graduation speech. The summary tab is, perhaps, the best read.

Sorry I missed you at the Marchback. I thought it was a very well planned event to include the weather.

Best regards,
Bob Newman D1














No comments:

Post a Comment