Sunday, September 25, 2011

Further Info from Kathi Vogt

From: "kb.vogt@cox.net" <kb.vogt@cox.net>

Subject: Re: Arrangements

Just a quick follow on. If making a hotel reservation, please ensure you are talking directly to the hotel and not central reservations. Ask for the Kathy Vogt group and ask them to change or add your name to the list. Please let me know if there are any problems. Love you all.

From: kb.vogt@cox.net

Date: Sat, Sep 24, 2011 5:58 pm

All, 

I am an addled mess and don't have anyone's email address with me so Paul graciously offered to help send as well. Pete tried to add addresses from Facebook so hope it works. Sarah says it is a good thing I wasn't prepared for this - she is sooo right. 

I have blocked a set of rooms at the Embassy Suites Dulles Hotel (13341 Woodland Park Dr., Herndon, VA) - it isn't near the funeral home but nothing is. It should be easy for you all to get to and is just off the Dulles toll road (Exit 10). It is the hotel where Bill and I did all our Retrouvaille weekends so he will be with us all in spirit and the hotel staff knows us. Our special rate is $99/night so call the hotel directly at 703-464-0200 and mention my name rather than book on-line (unless you can get a better rate or have points you can use). All rooms are two room suites (like the hotel we used for Sarah and Phillip's wedding) with hide-a-bed sofas in the living areas, refrigerators and microwaves, and either a king bed or two queens. Free breakfast is included in the rate (and manager's reception every evening I believe). There is a lounge and restaurant and lots of places for us to hang out and visit. Indoor pool and fitness center.

Services will be at the Fairfax Memorial Funeral Home, 9902 Braddock Rd., Fairfax, VA 22032. Viewing starts at 10 and the service at 1. I am so priviliged that my choir, the New Spirit Singers will provide the music and Rob will direct the service. I plan to make arrangements with the funeral home for private viewings on Friday or Saturday morning. Anyone who wants to spend alone time with Bill, please let me know and we will make it happen. Internment will be at Arlington National Cemetary on January 3, 2012 at 3:00pm.

Because of the suddenness of my trip I have no momentos or photos with me. The funeral home will prepare a video tribute that will play during the viewing time. If you have a photo you wish to include, please send it to me electronically or mail to Sarah's house (1703 Avondale Ave, Richmond, VA 23227) to arrive no later than Thursday morning. If there is anything (momentos or photos) you wish to bring and share please feel free to do so. We plan to celebrate Bill's life and tell lots of stories and share memories.

Link for hotel is:
http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/WASDAES-Embassy-Suites-Dulles-Airport-Virginia/index.do

Please know that your prayers, love and support are giving us strength to get through these terrible days. We love you all.

Kathi, Sarah and Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment