Saturday, April 30, 2016

Nick Sebastian to Present Distance Runners Award for USMA 2016 during Graduation Week!



Classmate Nick Sebastian Sends -

Hmm, don't know if I told you that I am headed back to West Point next month --- to present awards to the top distance runners (male and female) of the graduating Class of 2016.

I was honored and humbled to be the first to receive this recognition;  Max Rumbaugh, Sr., presented it to me, and after his passing
his son, Max, Jr., continued the tradition.

Due to scheduling conflicts, he couldn't make it this year, asked me to do so --- an honor that equally humbled me and I readily accepted.

Looking forward to the occasion, May 20th, and will let you know how it goes...

Nick

(Please forgive me for tooting my horn, just a tiny bit...

There were many great, great Army long distance runners before and after me and also teammates, on my squads, very deserving of this recognition;  I was always and remain proud to this day to wear the same uniform.)

Beat Navy!

​Superintendent, GEN William Knowlton and my coach, Carleton Crowell, in the background.

They have all passed --- rest in peace.


​With three generations of the Rumbaugh family, at awards luncheon --- Max, Sr., Jr., and the III!​



No comments:

Post a Comment