Monday, April 14, 2014

Msgr Robert F. McCormick

I am not sure if you heard, but a long time USCC Chaplain. Father Edson Wood, passed last week and while searching the MHT website for funeral arrangements, I found that Msgr. McCormick is alive and well (age 93) and the Chaplain  here : http://www.birgittines-us.com  - I have his telephone number and just got off the phone with him.  He is in contact with Cardinal O’Brien (another priest at Most Holy Trinity when we were cadets) and seems to be sharp as ever!  He married Paulette and I in 1971.  I asked him if would officiate at our 50th in 2021 (he would be 100 years old) and he reminded me that it was not up to him!
Let me know if you want his direct telephone number - we plan to visit him in the near future!
fjm

Monaco

5 comments:

  1. Monsignor Robert McCormick died on 25 September 2016. My mother says the funeral mass is Friday in Ossining, New York. I am sure there will an Obit in the NYT and other papers this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear this. If you locate details, I will get the word out to my class (USMA 1970). RIP, Father McCormick.

      Delete
  2. Monsignor Robert McCormick died on 25 September 2016. My mother says the funeral mass is Friday in Ossining, New York. I am sure there will an Obit in the NYT and other papers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The West Point Center for Oral History interviewed Monsignor McCormick in January. You can find his interview here: http://www.westpointcoh.org/interviews/not-just-another-school-values-and-ethics-at-west-point
    If you visit West Point Center for Oral History on Facebook we have posted photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This interview was fantastic! Then Father McCormick was a mentor to my Catholic Classmates and I (USMA 1970). He later married my wife and I and in 1971 but unfortunately I had not seen him since. Heading to his wake tonight and funeral tomorrow. May he Rest In Peace.

    ReplyDelete