Thursday, March 6, 2014

West Point Marathon Team was sponsoring the 4th Annual Half Marathon, honoring Fallen Comrades on April 6th

Frank and Jim,

Thanks for sending the information I requested last week. The reason for my request was I received an e-mail last week announcing the West Point Marathon Team was sponsoring the 4th Annual Half Marathon, honoring Fallen Comrades on April 6th. In the past 3 years this run has only been open to Cadets. This year it is open to the public. April 6th, also happens to be my birthday. Unfortunately my days of running are over due to knee problems, however my wife is an active ultra runner. For my birthday present this year, I asked her to run this half marathon for me in remembrance of my 5 classmates who made the ultimate sacrifice. We are in the process of having technical running shirts (wicking) made up for her to wear during the run and for me as I cheer her on during the run, in memory of Brown, Steinfeld, Green, Minor, and Carlson.

I have attached the link to the website for this event.http://www.usma.edu/marathon/sitepages/halfmarathon.aspx

If you know of other classmates who might like to participate or get a shirt, please feel free to send this information to them and have them contact me. I plan to place the shirt order early next week.

Ted and Nancy Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment