Monday, August 22, 2011

Pat Sculley Sends - NCEA 2011

August 2011
Dear Classmates,

My perspective is that ethics is the most fundamental issue we are facing today in our country. Every day, the media serves up another example of why I believe this. Our future leaders, our children and grandchildren, are watching more and more of our current supposedly leaders decide not to do the right thing.

The Class of ’70 was most fortunate in our education and training at West Point. Now, the National Conference on Ethics in America is an opportunity for us to make a small contribution back to the country. The conference annually provides college students from some 60 other institutions a positive experience in ethics. These students interact with and are challenged by leaders who are good examples and who demonstrate why doing the right thing will pay dividends in their careers.

I first observed the conference around 2003. I was blown away by the effect it was having. I go back every year, along with a number of our other classmates, just to get inspired again. I have never been disappointed in what I observe and experience. The faculty at West Point welcomes our participation and seeks our advice and assistance in improving the conference.
Because I deeply believe in the ideals West Point infused in me and because I had the great fortune to obtain a most extraordinary education, I will contribute to the conference at whatever level I can afford for as long as I can. I hope you will help us be the change we seek.

Pat Sculley

PS: Please visit the Class NCEA Page to learn more about the Conference, and please consider a donation if you already haven't do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment